Reinforce the work of your Quality Assurance agency through our comprehensive agency reviews, consultancy visits and follow-up visits. Increase your agency’s visibility, contribute to its further development and demonstrate strong accountability – all while playing a key role in the consolidation of a robust, continent-wide African Quality Assurance framework for higher education
What is an agency review?
The principal aim of HAQAA3 Agency Reviews is to support the development of quality assurance agencies in line with the African Standards for Quality Assurance (ASG-QA) and to enhance the implementation of external quality assurance.
- Agency reviews are a mechanism for quality attainment that takes into account each local context and aims at allowing an enhancement-led approach for the escalation of institutional and educational quality.
- The main aim of an external review is to evaluate whether and to what extent an agency complies with the standards in part B and C of the ASG-QA.
- The review is an evidence-based peer-review process carried out by independent experts.
- The process is transparent, and outputs are published.
Ultimately, the ASG-QA and the agency reviews based on them shall impact higher education systems in Africa and beyond by:
- Providing a common framework for QA in Africa.
- Developing mutual trust.
- Ensuring quality improvement and enhancement.
- Fostering transparency and accountability.
- Embedding a sustainable quality culture in higher education.
- Supporting the development of national QA systems and agencies that are aligned with the rest of the continent in terms of quality standards.
- For established QA agencies
- Full review against the ASG-QA
- For new QA agencies and ministries that still have responsibility for external QA
- Review against selected standards of the ASG-QA
- For agencies that had a full review in HAQAA1 or HAQAA2
- Tailored review to follow up on the recommendations made in the initial review
The review process
The review process has an estimated duration of 14 months. Upon the official registration, the agency will be provided with targeted training to complete the self-assessment report and follow the review process. Once the self-assessment report is completed and submitted (ca. 8 months after registration), a site visit will be carried out by an expert team (ca. 10 months after registration). A review report will be produced (final version sent to the agency ca. 14 months after registration) by the expert team based on the self-assessment report and the information collected during the site visit.
REGISTRATION AND TRAINING
Month 1 to 6
Month 6 to 8
Site visit by expert team
FIRST CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
FIRST ROUND OF TARGETED TRAININGS FOR AGENCIES UNDERGOING A REVIEW
FIRST ROUND OF REVIEWS AND CONSULTANCY VISITS
SECOND CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
SECOND ROUND OF TARGETED TRAININGS FOR AGENCIES UNDERGOING A REVIEW
SECOND ROUND OF REVIEWS AND CONSULTANCY VISIT, INCLUDING TRAINING FOR AGENCIES